Sunday, December 25, 2005

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I hope you have a great day with your family, friends and loved ones. I've had an amazing holiday so far.

Yesterday afternoon I watched March of the Penguins with Dad, a documentary on the migration and mating rituals of the penguin. It was interesting and really showed the concept of survival of the fittest. The footage was very real and Morgan Freeman's commentary was a great asset. It's not an exciting, edge-of-your-seat film, but it's worth watching if you think penguins are cute and you've always wondered about them .

Last night, we had everyone here for dinner. Dad gave the Observer a hard time about his cologne and joked about the glare from the Observer's bald head blinding him. Everything was said in fun and the Observer was a great sport. When they joke, it means they approve of someone.

Everyone brought their kittens with them and they served as quite the entertainment......so cute. Looking around the table at each person holding a bundle of fur struck me as a bit odd. Is everyone this attached to their pets?

This morning we opened gifts, had Mom's yummy traditional Christmas morning breakfast with muffins, fruit, and cinnamon buns. Mom and Dad outdid themselves spoiling all of us with presents. I'm now stocked up with funky, colourful Gap sweaters, boots, and DVDs. Mom surprised me with an arrangment of orange flowers for my orange sun room. Orange is not a popular colour. I don't know why. I am the orange queen. I also got the full I Love Lucy series on DVD- black and white 1940's comedy at its best.

After dinner with my family, I'm headed to see the Observer and his family, which I'm excited about. If there was ever a traditional Italian family, they are it. the Observer's Mom is the queen of the kitchen. They are such a nice family and I always feel at home. I'm sorry to arrive so late, but it's difficult to do so much in one day...

Tomorrow the Observer and I are hanging out at my apartment, opening our gifts to each other, and eating left-overs. As a kid, I hated Boxing Day. It was such a downer and adrenaline dip. Even now, I find it a bit sad, but if the Observer's around, I'll be a happy girl.

The smell of turkey and the need for a glass of red wine is calling me to the kitchen, so I better jet. I must not forget how lucky I am to have family, friends and love around me today. We should all be so blessed.

Once again, happy holidays!

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

iI LOVE XMAS JUST FOR THAT REASON BEING WITH YOUR LOVED ONES.

I LOVE YOU