Saturday, December 24, 2005

Hey Holy Christmas!

The lamp is burning low upon my table top
the snow is softly falling
The air is still within the silence of my room
I hear your voice softly calling
If I could only have you near to breathe a sigh or two
I would be happy just to hold the hands I love on this winter night with you.
(On This Winter's Night With You)

My Dad's childhood friend died in his sleep last night. He went to bed fine and never woke up this morning. He was 52. There is never a right time to pass on, but the day before Christmas has got to be one of the worst. It just shows that we never know. Not long ago, I heard the quote, "Falling asleep is an act of faith."

I went to see King Kong last night. The theatre was packed. It dragged on for the first hour, got more exciting in the middle, but by the end, I just wasn't won over. The Starbucks coffee I drank right before it started helped to keep me alert. The special effects were excellent, but the story lacked depth. I guess when we're talking about a giant, animated, ape destroying civilization in search of the blond love-of-his-life, it's hard to go for real depth, eh? I needed a break from the movie so I went to get my boyfriend (the Observer) and I some licorice. We were both starving. It's a three and half hour movie, so stock up on the snacks and visit the facilities before it starts!

One more sleep!


-OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

it was not that bad of a movie.

i love u