Sunday, January 22, 2006

Better Together...

There's no combination of words
I could put on the back of a postcard
No song I could sing
But I can try for your heart
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things
Like a, shoebox of photographs
With sepiatone loving
Love is the answer,
At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? and where do we go?
And how come we're so hard?
It's not always easy and
Sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing its always better
when we're together.
Better Together (Jack Johnson)

I don't need a man to make me happy. I am fine and complete alone. That said, I am in a happy, loving relationship. To be honest, I can't imagine life without the Observer. He's such an important part of each day, and there are so many days that would be different if he weren't here. It's not like I lived a lonely, sad, single life, searching aimlessly for my other half. It felt like he just appeared and we were meant to be. Sounds cheesy, right? That's just how it went. Over the holidays, I saw Rumor Has It. There's this part where Jennifer Aniston is trying to win her ex back. He says that she can survive without him. She says, "I can, but I don't want to." I think that's how love goes. We can live single, but life is more meaningful when we share it with someone else.

A week ago, I was on my way to the movies with the Observer when my electric wheelchair froze in the pouring rain. We were both already cold. The Observer tried to ask people to help, but no one stopped or listened. As much as we've made progress in helping the disabled be productive in society, I still think people get scared or uncertain. We were both cold and freaked out. Luck kicked in and this super nice Transhelp driver just happened to driving by and he recognized us. He hugged both of us, pushed my 300 lbs wheelchair to the movies and came back to take us home. He was our angel in a big blue and white bus. As horribe as that afternoon was, I am glad I was with the Observer.

Last night the Observer and I had a late night phone chat. I was lying in bed and I felt so close to him even though he wasn't with me. I fell asleep peacefully knowing that he knew I loved him. I would have liked it better if he were falling asleep beside me, but I can't have it all. Everything from talking on the phone to getting stuck in the rain is better with him.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

hey baby

WHAT A SWEET BLOG I LOVE YOU!