Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Gurl's Gotta Eat!

I am FULL. Yesterday I ordered a BLT sandwich from the Pickle Barell, a great restaurant with a menu the size of a novel. Now, I'm not big on meat, but I do get the odd bacon craving which I honour. In an effort to be healthy, I swapped the fries that came with my order for soup and asked for no mayo on my sandwich - not a great choice, but not Big Mac damage either. They were busy, so everything took longer. I'm a slooow eater and we were in a big rush, so I just had soup and a yummy spring roll. I went to bed last night excited to eat my sandwich today.

The Observer's mom gave me some apple cake too. She is the greatest baker EVER. Her food should be sprinkled with gold. Anyway, the cake AND the sandwich excited me. Yummy stuff.

At 11:30 this morning after after coffee and breakfast, I couldn't help myself. I devoured a HUGE slab of cake. It was everything I thought it would be. After that, I eat my sandwich. It was tasy. It's only 1 p.m. I've eaten soooo much, but it was delicious. It's funny how we can't stop thinking about food until we actually EAT it sometimes. The mind can get hungry too I guess.

HAPPY EATING!
- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I LOVE THE PICS WITH YOUR POSTS HON.