Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hold On...

Hold on to yourself for this is gonna hurt like hell.
Hold on Hold on to yourself. You know that only time can tell
What is it in me that refuses to believe
this isn't easier than the real thing.
My love, you know that you're my best friend.
You know that I'd do anything for you
and my love let nothing come between us

my love for you is strong and true.
Am I in heaven here or am I...
At the crossroads I am standing.
Oh god if you're out there won't you hear me.
I know we're never talked before
and oh god the man I love is leaving
won't you take him when he comes to your door.
Am I in heaven here or am I in hell
at the crossroads I am standing.
Hold on
hold on to yourself for this is gonna hurt like hell.
Sarah McLaughin (HOLD ON)

* I heard this song on the radio today. I bought the album Fumbling Towards Ectasy when I was about thirteen. It's a work of art. The song made me remember so much of my bittersweet past. All of the good, bad, ugly, funny and sad times. I smiled at the end of the song, which is a good sign I guess. Maybe those years weren't all that horrible. They say we need to know where we came from to know where we are. This song helped me do that. - OCG *

No comments: