Saturday, March 18, 2006

The never-ending ring......


People complain that I never pick up the phone. I do. Living alone means the phone is always for me. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking at that particular moment but rest assured, if you call me, I will call you back at some point. Some people just keep calling, one time after another. It does take me longer to get to the phone at times, but there is no need to call back three or four times in a row. I have caller ID. I will see your number and call you back as soon as I can. I also check my messages ASAP, so if someone were dying, stranded or in trouble, I'd respond pronto.

When I'm doing something where I need to focus, I ignore the phone. Rude, yes it is, but when I'm on a mission, nothing gets in my way. If I'm writing and am on a roll, forget the phone! What if I lose my train of thought or inspiration? It's a risk I cannot take.

All ranting aside, I feel lucky to have people in my life who care about me and want to talk. If the phone didn't ring every once in a while, I'd be lonely. On the days when the ringing just won't stop, I need to remember that it could be worse.....

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

DON'T WORRY BABY SOON THOSE CALLS WILL BE FOR ME 2.

LOVE U