Saturday, March 25, 2006

Skinny jeans...





Do you have a pair of skinny jeans? I do. I'm wearing mine now. If you're a guy, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. That's OK; I'll explain. Skinny jeans are jeans that fit when I'm thin, not-as-thin-as-I used-to-be and just in a bit of bulkier-than-normal state. No matter how much I've eaten, or not eaten, I can always count on my skinny jeans to fit. They're worn in, stretched out, faded and broken in. Skinny jeans are the best when I just want to be comfortable. They are also great for when I'm bloated and feeling fat. On the days when I feel like a fat cow, I can wear my skinny jeans and feel better. Mine cling to my body, but I still like them.

I have to admit that when I first bought my skinny jeans from Old Navy five years ago, they were loose, but I'm OK with my bigger self. It's taken time to accept this new, not stick-thin me, but my skinny jeans have helped. They have reassured me, that even though my body has changed, some things still fit. If you can't tell, I worry about my weight a lot. I don't consider myself vain, it's just that I want to be healthy and my very best self.

I saw an episode of Sex and the City a while ago where Miranda was happy because she fit into her skinny jeans after having a baby. I guess we all have a pair. There's just something comforting about a pair of pants that always fit.


- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

girl you look fine in them jean.

love u.