Sunday, April 09, 2006

365 days...


Today is the one year anniversary of when the Observer and I starting dating. It feels like we've been together forever. I mean that in a good way. When we're hanging out, it seems as though we've been doing this all our lives. It's smooth and it works. He smells good, has sparkling white teeth, a shiny bald head and most important, he is kind and treats me well. When he laughs, I have to laugh too. We've known each other casually for years but our aquaintance-like relationship changed when we started talking often about a year and half ago. The Observer is one of those people who is nice to everyone, so it was hard for me to know if he was into me. I tried hard to convince myself that we were just friends, but that only worked for so long.

When we went on our first date, the Observer kissed my forehead. He won me over in that moment. After that, we were more than friends.

You know how sometimes you look at yourself now and you're nowhere near where you thought you'd be? That's how I feel. Five years ago, if someone asked me if I thought I'd be with Observer, I'd say no, just because our lives never collided. Sometimes life is surprising, but somehow we end up exactly where we are supposed to be. In 365 days, I've never doubted where I am.

At my grandpa's 80th birthday, he had one candle still lit on his cake. I like to think the candle repesented his 30+ years of marriage to my grandmother and the support they've given each other over the years. They've had tough times, but every couple does. When I'm 80 years old, I hope there is one candle on my cake for the Observer.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY......A STORY I'M GLAD 2 BE APART OF i love you more then words could ever say.