Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Chocolate Bunny Day!

Well, it's Easter time again! I love Easter! Since I left home, I value the holidays a great deal. It's all about family. Yesterday I went to church and kissed the cross. I have a bad habit of giggling anytime and anywhere we shouldn't. I almost laughed a few times yesterday, but held it in.

I saw Yours, Mine, and Ours. I had a feeling it was going to be a feel-good, light, Bradey Bunch type of movie and it was. It reminded me of Cheaper By The Dozen I and II, the don't-tell-anyone-I'm-watching-this-and-laughing kind of movie. It was cute and cheesy all at the same time. I watched the movie on the Observer's pay-per-view network. That boy can watch movies anytime he wants to. If I could afford it, pay-per-view would be nice to have, but then I wouldn't get anything productive done. Maybe there are advantages to being financially challenged.

Every Easter I eat WAY too much chocolate and every Easter I say I will control myself. Every Easter I lose it and eat every chocolate sweet I can get my hands on. It's so bad that I've gotten a nasty stie (sp?) in my eye. I read sties can be caused by too much chocolate. That would make sense.

This Easter I'm trying something different. I'm telling myself that I can have as much chocolate as I want. Doing this might take away the forbidden element of eating chocolate. Maybe this might make me want it less. I realize this might totally backfire and I might go hog wild eating Easter eggs, but what have I got to lose, right?

My attendant this morning is known for experimenting with my hair. She tried to put it in this bun-like sweep at the top of my head and spent quite a while working on it. It looks weird and kind of like I just rolled out of bed, which would have been a much faster way of geeting the same effect. I would have been happier with a ponytail. She is sweet and meant well, which is all that matters.

Well, I'm all packed up with laundry ready to head home. I look like a traveller. It will be good to go home. It's been a week since I've seen Mom and Dad. I've missed them. I should buy Mom some flowers. The question is, how will they make it home alive? I've been told it's the thought that counts. If that's true, I'm thinking of trying to control my chocolate intake this weekend. If I go crazy, does the fact that I thought about controlling myself count?

Happy Easter to you!

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I can't wait to have easter with you. I love u!