Monday, April 24, 2006

He Only Takes The Best...

He Only Takes The Best
A heart of gold stopped beating.
Two shining eyes at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.
Little did we know that morning.
The sorrow the day would bring.
The end was sudden, the shock severe.
We never knew that death was so near.
When days are sad and lonely,
And evening shadows fall.
We hear your voice and see your face.
Your sweet memory lingers on.
God knew you had to leave us.
But you didn't go alone.
For part of us went with you
The day God called you home.
- Unknown
* NOTE: My former boyfriend died a few days ago at the age of 23. I am shocked and heartbroken. We were together for three years. My mind is flooded with happy and sad memories. I feel for his family, lovely and warm people. Our break-up was messy and painful. I made mistakes and have regrets, but I feel blessed to have been a part of his life. I've learned over the last few days that love may change, but it never goes away. -OCG*

2 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

SWEETHEART WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POEM AND WELL SAID THOUGHTS.

I LOVE YOU AND I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE 4 U.

THE OBSERVER said...

BEAUTIFUL THOUGHTS BEAUTIFUL POST.

LOVE U