Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Just one second...





Do you ever feel like you don't know where you're going? To avoid getting lost, you stay still, going nowhere. That's how I feel. I want to finish school and get a job, but it's scary. What if I can't find one? All that work and money and nothing to show for it. I've been feeling lazy lately. I want to do something worthwhile, but I'm tired of the pressure and rush of school. I have no idea what I want to do with my life.

My dream job would be to work in a trendy coffee shop. My disability makes that challenging. I used to live in an area where these friendly people chatted with the same customers everyday and memorized their orders. It was a really nice place to hang out. Cable guys, business men, teenagers, moms, and doctors walked in the door everyday. Almost everyone can find a reason to visit a coffee shop.

I've been saving a free coffee I won during Roll Up The Rim at Tim Hortons. It took me months of rolling up the rim to win anything. I think I'll use it this weekend. It should be an extra good coffee.

I finally saw the last episode of Sex and the City last night. I've been watching reruns for years and was dying to see how it ended. It was good. I always feel sad when a great show ends. I felt that way last night, even though the show actually ended three years ago. Silly, I know.

I'm going home in about an hour for a few days. My Grandpa turns eighty on Friday. We're having a party. His memory isn't great. I hope he doesn't get too confused by his party. If he has a happy birthday for one second, I'll be glad.

I wonder what I'll be like when I'm eighty years old. I hope I still have teeth and that I decided to stop staying still.


- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

the party was fantastic.GRANDPA IS A VERY SMART MAN!

LOVE U