Friday, April 21, 2006

Just you & me...


I just spent the afternoon and evening with the Observer. We see each other a lot. Our regular Friday night routine is hang out near my apartment in the heart of the city and all its craziness. This hadn't happened in a while due to other committments. We've seen each other, but not been able to have quality alone time.

I forgot how much I missed just being the two of us. I forgot how much I missed singing at the top of my lungs. I forgot how much I missed holding hands with no one around. I forgot how much I missed laughing my head off and not having to explain why. I forgot how much I missed kissing the Observer's cheek. I forgot how much I missed a good heart-to-heart with someone who really understands. I forgot how much I missed being close.

I don't think I will ever forget how much I love the Observer. That's impossible. I did, however, get caught up in everyday life and forgot the importance of intimacy in all its forms. I think this is easy to do. Life gets busy. There are things to do, places to go, and people to see. We forget how important it is to connect with those we love.

No matter how stressed out I feel, some good quality fun or affection makes everything better. That's the thing about love or friendship; anytime, anywhere, it can add a little brightness to a cloudy day. We just have to remind ourselves that it's there.

- OCG

2 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

I LOVE YOU

THE OBSERVER said...

THAT DAY WAS VERY SPECIAL 2 ME.

I LOVE U