Thursday, April 27, 2006

Life and loss...

It's been a rough few days. I don't know what we're supposed to feel, but I've felt a lot of things. A big part of my past is gone. Everyone says to leave the past behind me, but I've never really been good at that. I get over people, let go and move on, but it takes me a long time. Love stays with me. Maybe it does with all of us.

Life isn't fair. It ended too soon for my former boyfriend. His death puts into perspective what is important. At his funeral, I thought of this quote, "The measure of our lives is not what happens to us, but how we respond." I am lucky to be here, for my family and friends, for love, my education and my future.

I feel like something should be different because the world lost someone special. Nothing around me has changed. I have.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I'M SOO PROUD OF TOU.....i hope you know i'm here 2 listen.

love u