Thursday, April 13, 2006

My dolphin ring...


This morning I was drinking my coffee and my dolphin ring slipped off my finger. I heard a clank and made a mental note to ask someone to pick it up for me. Well, sometimes my mental notes get erased. I realized just a few hours ago that I still hadn't found it.

Thinking that it was gone made me sad. I've had that ring for nine years. My sister gave it to me when I was fourteen. I rarely take it off. We've been through a lot together, me and my ring. It's silver and the dolphins look like joining groves. People have to take a close look to know what the groves are. My ring represents a lot of things in life; sometimes we discount what is right in front of us until we look closer and realize their value.

I just found my ring under a chair in the kitchen. I'm glad to have it back. It's important to me - today I realized how important.

- OCG

* A blogger by the name of Snake Hunters made a comment that I decided to delete because it was not relative, but I would like to respond to its nature. Snake Hunters was surprised that I expected someone to retrive my ring for me. While I wish I could pick up my ring myself, I cannot because I have Cerebral Palsy, a condition resulting from lack of oxygen at birth that impairs motor function, purposeful movement and mobility. I rely on attendants to help me do things I am physically unable to do myself. I am grateful for my independence and the help that I recieve each day. As the intro on my blog states, I use a wheelchair. My hope for Snake Hunters is that he thinks and reads key info before responding to posts in the future. Cheers! OCG *

3 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

GOOD THAT YOU FOUND IT.

LOVE YOU

THE OBSERVER said...

fantastic response hun

love u

Naynayfazz said...

I was just reading through your blog and it made me mad that someone who does not know you would say something like that. Who cares who picked up the ring??? He (or she) should mind their own business! Anyway, I also wanted to say I like your blog. -Janine