Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A rude awakening...


This morning I had to call for a ride on public transit at 5 am. Wheelchair transit is not like the kind most people use. It has to be booked early in the morning the day before it's needed. Well, yesterday I booked wrong. My brain must have farted. To fix my error, I awoke at the crack of dawn and spoke to a rude, yelling, cackley woman who wasted no time pointing out my error. Her name was Doris. I hate that name now. Yelling should NOT be allowed before 9 a.m. Who did Doris think she was? I was frowning at her rudeness the whole time I drank my morning coffee.

I never ended up going out. I was supposed to hang out with the Observer. I missed him and felt bad for unintentionally standing him up. I missed him even more when he left me a sweet message saying hello. I’m glad not everyone is like Doris. Some people still have phone manners.

It's not the first time Doris has been rude to me on the phone. It's taken me all day, but I'm finally starting to let the whole thing go. Maybe Doris has a tough life. Maybe her dog just died. Maybe she has allergies. I don't know, so I'm not going to give her any more energy today.

I'm in the mood for my second cup of coffee today, and this time I'll be smiling while I drink it.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

HEY BABE SHE WASTES HER LIFE YELLING AT YOU CUZ SHE DOES NOT REALIZE THAT LIFE IS TO SHORT.

LOVE YOU