Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sitting at a computer on a sunny Thursday!




It's beautiful outside - so much sun. I've been stuck to the computer today. I stupidly waited until late last night to check my e-mail only to find lots of e-mails needing a reply. I had to hit the sack, but went thinking about all the things I needed to do today. It's hard to sleep with a racing mind. It would have been better to check my e-mail earlier yesterday, done what needed doing, and gone to sleep worry-free.

My job is kind of unpredictable. The pace picks up fast and I have to be ready to roll with it. I guess most jobs are like this. I enjoy what I do. There's a lot of feedback and writing involved. I always have feedback ready and waiting for whoever is willing to hear it. I have a big mouth for many reasons. I write and discuss transition for youth with disabilities for a project headed by a children's centre in Toronto. I think I was hired because of my life experince, which isn't a bad thing. It's not very hard to talk and write about my everyday life.

In an effort to be less resentful about all the work I had to do today, I blared my stero. It worked, but I still wished I was outside. My day is cut in half because I'm going home.

Last night I ate WAY too much junk. I promised myself today I'd be controlled. So far I've had a homemade bran muffin. They're tasty and helpful if you know what I mean.

Happy sunshine wherever you are!

- OCG