Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday unfriendliness...

It's Friday!!!!!!! I couldn't sleep last night. I hate it when that happens. I guess we all do. I stupidly forgot to take my pills before hitting the hay, and remembered as I was lying there with a racing mind. It's not really that big of a deal to forgot my meds. They are just laxatives, or "pooh pills" as I sometimes call them. Missing one dose the odd time is no biggie, but two doses is asking for a clogging crisis. Anyway, Grace, an awesome attendant (person who works in my apartment building and is paid to help me do things I physically cannot do myself) kindly helped me in the wee night hours. She's the nicest lady. Too bad they are all not like her.

This morning I was helped by my least favourite person. She's fakely sweet, lazy, and rude. You know the people who are just phoney and gossip about you the second you're out of earshot? That's her. I see her and get a bad taste in my mouth. She complained this morning over nothing. I wanted to yell, "Get another job witch!" but that's not nice. Instead I tried to get her out of my place as soon as I could. I know I have a miserable, sour face when I'm around her. I hate that I do that, but I can't help it.

I think God felt bad for me having to put up with that unfriendly soul this morning, because Mavis, another awesome worker and person, helped me at lunch. Whenever I have to see people I dislike, I tell myself someone kind will come around the corner soon. On days like today, it's true.

I just heard these lyrics:
"And don't it make you sad to know that life is more than who we are." (NAME by the Goo Goo Dolls)

I think the Goo Goo Dolls are saying that life can suck, even if we're good people. That is part of growing up. I'm getting there - slowly.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

i'm sorry you had a shitty day

miss u & love u
luigi