Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grapes, sun, and clouds

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
- Marianne Williamson
This quote was featured in the new movie Akeelah and the Bee. It was cute and inspiring. I enjoyed it. The Observer loved it! He was so excited watching it. I had to laugh- not at him of course, but with him. On the surface, it's about a spelling bee, but as with most movies, there's a deeper message. I left reminded that I could do ALMOST anything with hard work and the right attitude.
I bought green grapes today. They were almost $6. It was worth it. Grapes are the best. I'm trying to be nice to myself right now. I still hurt. The only way to heal is to be nice to myself (and the people I love!)
I always try to put a positive spin on everything. I'm learning that this doesn't always work. Some things just suck. One major difficulty in one of my past relationships was my tendency to only focus on the sun. My boyfriend at the time focused on the sun, but also the clouds around it. I'm learning that both the sun and clouds are important, because we can't have one without the other.
I try to remember that, wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, the sun will always come up. I know there are some places in the world surrounded by darkness, but I'm not a real traveller, so I think it's safe to keep believing this.
- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

hey babe
i wish i could help u more.

love u