Monday, May 22, 2006

May Movies...

Well, the May 2-4 weekend is almost over - just like that. I must be getting old with the way time is flying.

My weekend was good. I went to stay with my parents. It was nice as always. Besides eating, chatting, sleeping and the usual stuff at home, I checked out Shop Girl on DVD. It wasn't a blockbuster hit, but a thinker, which is good. The plot could be about any girl. I liked that. Steve Martin and Claire Danes developed their characters well, and seemed down-to-earth. Anyway, it's worth the rent if you're in the mood for easy watching.


The Observer and I saw The Davinci Code. It's a thinker too. Any movie trying to question the Bible is in for some heavy duty controversy. It's an edge-of-your-seat, can't-stop-watching, sometimes-I-want-to-look-away, what-does-this-all-mean? type of movie. The albino monk creeped me out. I am afraid he will haunt my dreams. I am trying to find a picture of him to post. Well, by the end, I left feeling confused, but enlightened. I didn't understand it all, but I don't think it's supposed to be totally clear. Just like it's always been, religion is based on beliefs and this movie isn't too different. If the movie's ideas are true, I hope Jesus doesn't mind the movie being made.

Time for bed. Sweet dreams....

OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

true your soooooooooo smart hun

love u