Friday, May 12, 2006

When nature calls at the wrong time...

Well, it's been a while. I'm still alive, which is good. The last week has been spent traveling from my parents' house and my apartment in the city. This isn't much different from what I do most weeks, but I just did it more often. I like sitting in a bus. It gives me time to think.

I've had a few long days. They reminded me how much I miss the bump and grind of school. Those very long, grueling, can't-keep-my-eyes-open kind of days. Being tired reminds me that I've been productive. It gives me purpose. We ALL need that.

Tonight I was going to a youth dance where the Observer is spinning the tunes. I'm not really a youth, but I go for support and, besides, good music is the greatest way to relax. Nature and "lack of movement" in the area of bodily functions made it impossible for me to go. I spent the evening chilling, but I'd rather be out. The human body is a miracle and needs respect, but sometimes it's a huge pain in the bottom too. (No pun intended! LOL) I feel bad for letting the Observer down, but I know he understands. Sometimes my body lets me down.

My parents' dog Maddie cannot walk easily and uses a cart similar to a wheelchair to get around. She also needs to be placed in her cart and walked a long distance to relieve her bowels and bladder. She is very dependant on my parents every time she has to go outside for walks or to take care of business. She must get frustrated by her lack of freedom, but she's still really happy, a bit like me.

-OCG



1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

your presence was missed at the dance...........MATTIE A TOUGH COOKIE.