Thursday, June 29, 2006

Down Comes The Rain...


There's a little thunderstorm outside. I love being home during thunderstorms. I'm sitting here in my orange sun room with the light on listening to my new mix CD. The Observer sweetly made it for me. The song Dani California from the Red Hot Chili Peppers is playing. I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They've been around a while. A lot of their stuff sounds the same, but it's all good. Every time I hear the song Where'd You Go? by Fort Miner, I cry. I'm starting to think I've got some serious issues. Given the reccent loss I've experienced, maybe it's understandable. Sometimes the unfairness of life makes me sad. I used to think that if you are good to life, life will be good to you. Now I know that's not always true. One of my favourite quotes is, "Your life is not measured by the things that happen to you; it is measured by how you respond." I think that's right.

We saw Superman Returns yesterday. Not having seen any of the other versions, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it, but I did. The special effects are impressive, and some new elements make the story a bit more realistic. I left feeling that it was two and a half hours of my life well spent. More than that, it tapped into the nostalgia of youth, which never hurts - at least for a few hours.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

i love that fort minor song and reguardless what othe people say i liked superman returns.