Friday, June 02, 2006

For Jack...

Well, the case of my murdered fish has been solved. Buford wasn't tragically murdered by my parents' cat, Jack. Buford died of natural causes. He was found curled up lifeless in his shell a few days ago. I suppose his time had come.

In my grief and still believing that Jack ate Buford, I uttered some hurtful remarks and said Jack should be forced to fast as punishment for his crime.

I would now like to address Jack:

* I'm sorry Jack. You are a good and innocent cat. I was just sad. Being a gentle guy, I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Since Buford came to live with you, your paws never came to close to his bowl, so I should have questioned whether you had it in you to eat him. You have taught me that we all deserve a fair chance to prove our innocence. You are a wonderful pet, and even though Buford is gone, I'm glad I still have you.

I'll see you tomorrow. I'll try to arrange for you to get some extra treats. You deserve a perk. I know you can't read this, but I had to say it. I hope you understand and forgive me. *

- OCG