Thursday, June 15, 2006

The simple life...



I am listening to my Jack Johnson CD called On And On. The Observer gave it to me. Isn't he sweet? I got my CD in February, but didn't open it until today. I wanted something to look forward to. For months I waited and wondered what kind of cool, relaxing music was on that CD.

There was nothing on TV earlier tonight. I was just in the mood to sit with a cup of hot water and think. Jack Johnson's music is pefect for these kind of nights, so I broke open my cherished CD. After all that waiting, now I know what I was missing. I enjoyed the anticipation. There's nothing ground-breaking or unsual about Jack Johnson's first CD, but I'm glad about that. It's just as funky and mellow as I expected. I say, why change a good thing?

My day wasn't too productive. I did some down-in-my-gut, kind-of hurts, type of writing. I think it was good for me. I ate and consumed a lot of caffiene, but I enjoyed my hot beverages. I ate a yummy avocado sandwich. I looked forward to it all morning. I'm a BIG fan of avocados, but only eat them once in a while, because they are kind of pricy. They are high in fat, but it's a healthy fat called monounsaturated, which is hard to come by in the North American diet. I have half left for a sandwich tomorrow. I'm excited already.

I just watched Dateline NBC. Britney Spears was interviewed. I'm not a huge fan of hers. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have the kind of money that Britney does, but not the press coverage or public scrutiny. I've openly criticized her actions and choices, but I know we can't judge people if we aren't in their shoes. Who knows what I would do if I was married to an idiot, had millions of dollars, a baby, was pregnant with a second one, and the media was constantly hounding me. Her life is so different from the majority of us, so who are we to judge?

I have to admit that, after watching that show, I'm glad that I lead a simple life - that I enjoy quiet nights alone listening to music, that avocados excite me, and that I write about what matters to me. It was worth watching Dateline to realize that.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

great popst hun love it.

and love u