Sunday, June 04, 2006

Surprise!

My sister Carlie's boyfriend, Mike had a surprise 30th birthday party last night. It was fun-lots of wine and lots of people. Mike was suprised, which is what counted. Carlie has great taste in food, so I was excited to eat. She likes trendy, healthy yuppie meals like thai and Japanesse inspired dishes. There was sushi (my favourite!), chicken, crackers, nachos and wine and beer. I LOVE red wine, but can only have it in limited quanities. I managed to drink two glasses, but the second spilled on my favourite orange sweater. Ah well, worse things have happened. It was a bit awkward to be around people I didn't know, but the Observer was there, so that's what mattered. I hope he had fun.

Mike and Carlie have dated for years. He's a good soul. I know they will get married, and he'll be an awesome brother-in-law. He's the first in our family to turn thirty. The Observer will be next. Birthdays rock, especially when we're all together. We are lucky to have each other. Maybe they exist to remind us this.

HAPPY SUNDAY!

- OCG

2 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

AWESOME PARTY HUN!!!!!!!HAD A BLAST WITH YOU AS ALWAYS! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO TURNING 30 TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

endlessdirection said...

Sounds like it was fun!