Friday, June 09, 2006

Twisted toothpaste...


If you are just reading this, you should know that I am disabled. Many people walk in and out my door every day to help me do the things I cannot do for myself.

They are called attendants. Some are amazing. Some aren't. It's like anything in life. I deal with whatever happens. I try to be respectful of the people who help me. I'm grateful for what they do (most of the time.)

A few weeks ago, my attendant Grace, accidentely put moisturizer on my toothbrush instead of toothpaste. She felt bad. I laughed. It's an easy mistake. Both come out of a similar looking tube. Grace is awesome. I told a few other people who work with both myself and Grace. I thought they would get a good laugh out of my story. I did.

Well, today I heard they've been talking about it, and how mistakes like that shouldn't happen. I told them because it was funny, not to stir up gossip. I did not die from having moisturizer on my toothbrush. I'm sure worse mistakes have been made. Some people are strange and get joy out of being petty. I don't. It makes me sad that I have to be so careful about the things I say. If not, the truth gets twisted. An honest mistake should not be gossip. Moisturizer on a toothbrush by accident is part of life, and life's not perfect. That's all there is to it.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

i'm sorry hun...PPL SUCK

love u