Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The empty space...

I just realized that my future is now. That scares me. I'm not in a position to stay this way forever. I've never had a steady, permanent job, never really felt like I've done anything to make a true difference in the world, never travelled or taken chances.

I'm 23 and haven't done anything exceptional. I miss school. I miss thinking. I miss deadlines. I miss being challenged. I miss reading. I miss using my orange highlighter. I miss sitting in lecture. I want to go back, but knowing where I am going.

I don't miss the competition. I don't miss traffic. I don't miss snobby professors. I don't miss having no lunch or dinner. I don't miss having coffee as a meal replacement. I don't miss not knowing how to find the accessible entrances. I don't miss sitting in class not being able to use the washroom.

I am missing something in my life. I just don't know what it is.

- OCG

2 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

I'M SORRY THAT YOU FEEL THIS WAY IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO JUST NAME IT!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE U

Naynayfazz said...

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. When I came over to see your blog, I saw this post and had to comment. I too feel this way. I am 27 and wonder what do I want to do when I grow up. I didn't finish college. I went for 2.5 years.... what I am waiting for to finish it! It is hard to remember you are not the only one who feels like this when you are going through it. But trust me.... you are not the only one. Good luck with everything and I hope you find what is missing. I sure hope I do......