Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Looking forward and back...

There are things I know that I wish I didn't.
Things I said that I wish I could take back.
Times I remember that I want to forget.
Places I went when I should have stayed put.
Feelings I wanted to express but stayed quiet instead.
Thanks I wanted to give, but didn't know how to start.
Memories I have that I'm afraid will fade away.
Secrets I've kept that are better off said.
Mistakes I've made that caused too much regret.
Sweet moments in time that I brushed off as luck.
Actions I've taken when I should have thought twice.
Experiences I rushed when I needed to slow down.

I smile when I look back.
Life doesn't always make sense as it happens.
It can be so confusing and difficult all at once.
I used to think there were answers for everything.
I'm beginning to see that sometimes it's better not to answer every question.
It's safer to accept and let go.
That's what I'm trying to do starting now.
I'm starting to realize that sometimes, in order to understand where we are, we need to sort out where we've come from.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

COOL POEM MY LOVE.

LOVE YOU