Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sleepless in my bed...


Don't you hate not being able to sleep? Lying there thinking about all the time you're wasting and the reality that the next day will soon be here is the worst feeling. I learned in school that lost sleep can never be gained back. This means that once you have a zzzless night, the damage is done, and your brain cannot benefit from anything but sleep in the present. If I were more physically able, I would probably have gotten out of bed and done work on the computer, which might not have seemed like such a smart choice once I couldn't keep my eyes open today. On some strange level, perhaps my disability works to my advantage at times.

I'm not sure if I'm making sense or if this topic is at all interesting, but I've been thinking about it after a few bad nights of hitting the hay without any shut eye. My brain was racing at lighting speed last night because I was in this gotta-finish-everything-I've-procrastinated-doing mode. Once I went to bed, I couldn't stop thinking about things I had left to do. I payed bills via telephone during the wee hours of the night and made a mental to-do list until my mind slowed down. I must have slept because I woke up promptly at 7 a.m, a full two hours ahead of when I needed to get up. Ah well, at least I got some rest.

I'm sitting here with the Observer. We had a delicious dinner with his family, including his Italian relatives. They're very nice. I may be tired, but I'm never too tired to enjoy hanging with the Observer.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I LOVE YOU AND SO DOES MY FAMILY!!!