Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A tip toe closer to domesticity....


Yesterday I was on a mission - a misson to buy a mop. This is not something I do on a regular basis. My Mom usually helps since she's more familar with household supplies, especially when it comes to cleaning.

I work with many different people because I need help to do the important tasks of daily living, which includes cleaning. My Mom bought me a sponge mop last year. It did the job for a while, but the head wore down. My cleaning crew instructed me to get a squeeze mop.

Apparently the dollar store sells sticks for $1, and mop heads for $1 too. Pretty sweet deal, huh? Even so, I am skeptical when it comes to dollar store deals. It seems to me that we get what we pay for. I would rather pay a bit of extra dough and buy something that will last for a while. There's this massive dollar store close to my apartment building, but I've never been to find the accessible entrance. (This is rather embarrassing to admit, considering that I've lived in the same area for a year!) Sometimes finding the only way in or out can be quite a treck.

I went the drugstore and purchased a Velleta mop for a reasonable price. It seems to do the job, and now I'm one step closer to being domesticated........well, maybe just a very small tiptoe.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

DON'T BE EMBARASSED MY LOVE WE ALL GET LOST.. LOVE YA