Monday, November 27, 2006

385 Younge Street, tunes, and fig cookies...

I need to remember 385 Younge Street. That's where I need to go on Wednesday. I need to book my ride tomorrow and I can't forget....I can't forget 385 Younge Street. I keep typing this address, so it doesn't leave my brain...385 Younge Street.

My Dad has an ipod. He's pretty hip, my Dad is. I listened to his ipod today. It's pretty cool. I liked the tunes he downloaded. There was Pete Yorn, The Beatles, Tony Bennett, Van Morrison, Alan Jackson and a whole bunch of other good stuff. I laughed at his wide selection because he likes a lot of the music I do. When I commented on the variety of his music choices, Dad told me this quote from Elvis: "We can all enjoy a range of music, but it must have soul." I might have misquoted the king, but you get the drift...

I miss my Dad. I just left him. We went for our usual coffee at Tim Hortons. It was nice. Tim Hortons has these pretty holiday cups now. They've been around for a few years. Seeing them makes me excited.

Yesterday I visited the Observer and had lunch/dinner with him. His Mom made these Italian fig bars that are a tradition at Christmas. They have a special name. I can say it, but there's no way I can spell it, so I won't. The Observer doesn't like his Mom's fig cookies, fish, or wine - all of which are staples in Italian culture. He likes many Canadian meals like stir-fry, hamburgers and restaurant fare. I enjoy wine, fish and, now, fig cookies. Maybe our taste buds got mixed up somehow. Fortunately the same can't be said for our hair growth - the Observer is bald! What he lacks in hair, he makes up in heart.

I'm getting tired, but I haven't forgotten........385 Younge Street.


Goodnight world. Thank you for Dad, Mom, Tim Hortons, the Observer, the Observer's Mom and Dad, Italian fig cookies and my home. Lastly, please help me remember 385 Younge Street...

- OCG

2 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

GREAT AND FUNNY POST........YOUR FAM IS SOO COOL!!!!!!

LOVE U

THE OBSERVER said...

good kuck at your meeting my love...

I LOVE U