Friday, November 10, 2006

Bugs in my bed... (Ewwww!)



So, what's with big, ugly bug, right?
It's a bed bug, a bug that is found in a bed. (LOL!) There are bed bugs in my building. Ewwwww! I HATE bugs! Just thinking about little creepy crawlies makes me itchy and squirmy.
A few evenings ago, I made the stupid decision to stay up all night. I was stressed out with work, school and life. I had deadlines and responsibilities. My mind was busy (muddled). I knew it wasn't going to slow down very easily for sleep and I knew I didn't have long to do that. I figured I might as well stay up all night. It seemed better than anxiously lying in bed waiting for the hours to pass.
I listened to tunes on the radio, wrote a long e-mail, brushed my chompers (teeth), opened and read my mail, and watched three hours of taped TV programs. Not a bad use of time, huh?
As I brushed my teeth, I noticed a wee, brown critter on the bathroom counter. My heart stopped. I knew it was a bed bug.
Trying not to panic, I busied myself with watching the prostitutes outside my window. I felt sorry for them standing there in the rain.
I forgot all about the little bug - until I saw another one. He was crawling around the table in my sun room.
I told someone I trust about my scary sightings. She told me to relax and keep my eyes (and senses) open.
Last night was the first night I slept in my bed since I saw the two critters. I kept feeling itchy, but maybe it was just in my head. Like most people, I like to sleep "unbugged."
I don't want to cause an unnecessary bug massacre, but one more sighting, and those suckers will be history!
I felt disgusting after my sleepless night. I couldn't keep my eyes open and was grumpy. I guess there's a reason we're supposed to sleep; maybe so we don't see the critters hiding between the cracks in our walls.
- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I HOPE THE BUG SIGHTING WAS A FIGMENT OF YOUR DROOPY EYES IF NOT WE WILL FIGURE IT OUT.

I LOVE YOU