Thursday, November 16, 2006

Falling upon good books and (almost) out of chairs...


I can't stop reading my new book. It's called The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. My sister gave it to me for my birthday. It's about fraternal twins and the girl has Downs Syndrome. Due to her condition, her father (a doctor) wants her away, so he tells a nurse to take her to a home for disabled children. Instead the nurse keeps the disabled baby and moves away. Meanwhile, the baby's mother is told by her husband that their baby girl died at birth. He think he's saving his wife from heartache.

It's twisty, and believable, given the story is set in 1965.

I started reading the book three hours ago and I'm on page 83. I wish I could do reading for school so fast. I'd be so much smarter.

On another note, you know how you want to laugh at something, but it is considered rude in some cases? Like when someone slips and falls flat on his/her bottom (and isn't hurt?)

Today one of my very big (and annoying) attendants went to sit on a small, slightly rickety chair. I wanted to tell her that it might break, but couldn't be so blunt. Thankfully she realized the potential danger herself and didn't sit in the chair, telling me she didn't trust it. I laughed just a little, only because she is lazy, rude and intimidating. If she were nice, it wouldn't be funny at all.

-OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

SHE SHOULD BE NICER....HER TRYING TO SIT ON THAT CHAIR WAS A MESSAGE FROM GOD TELLING HER TO BE NICER.

I LOVE YOU