Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ice cream...

It's 12:43 a.m. I'm a bit tired. Not a lot. I am thinking about how I love my boyfriend. Everyone loves him. He's awesome. I know he cares about me. I can tell. He shows it often. I'm lucky.

The first time we went out he kissed my forehead. That's when I knew he was someone worth getting to know.

The next day I sent him these lyrics from If You're Gone by Matchbox 20:

I think we should try
I think I could need -
this in my life
I think I'm just scared -
that I know too much

If he didn't know I liked him before, he certainly did then.

Last year we got stuck in the rain and my wheelchair stalled. It was freezing. My boyfriend and I panicked. Once inside, he broke down. I was worried. Someone said to me, "He's OK. He's just worried about you." I learned that day that for a relationship to work, love has to be double-sided.

I know I'm not the prettiest or simpliest girl to be with. I know I am overly concerned with getting fat, but my boyfriend accepts my crazy self.

Last week my boyfriend put ice cream in my freezer for me. I can't really put ice cream away myself. He said something like, "Thank goodness you have me {to help you}."

At first I was insulted. I don't need to be reminded of things I can't do. Plus, I am not with my boyfriend to gain physical help. I took his comment as a put-down towards me and my physical limitations. I should have known better.

The right (and true) thing to say would have been, "Yes, I am lucky you're here. I love you."

There's a song lyric that says, Your love is better than ice cream......"

It's true, but ice cream lessons are important.

- OCG

No comments: