Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Small things in a big world...

My stomach hurts.

I try to start each post with something positive, but I'm not feeling so cheery.

My stomach hurts.

Today I was in the grocery store. I was in line to pay for my Sunlight dish soap and lettuce. This 25-year-old girl walked past me and tripped on my wheelchair. She yelped like a puppy and looked up at me, stunned. I think she thought I kicked her. I can't even walk lady. How can I kick? She just stared at me frozen for a few minutes. I think she mumbled a sorry. I did too. I hope she's OK. The whole incident was pretty embarrassing for both of us.

On my way back to my apartment, I saw a little girl who lives in my old building with her mother. She's the kind of girl who isn't afraid to find out your business and tell you hers at the same time. She's cute. She recognized me right away and threw her arms around me. It was sweet. Little people rock. She made me forgot all about the lady who tripped.

We saw Borat yesterday. I did laugh a lot, but it was a guy's movie all the way. The Observer LOVED it....that's what counted. He needed his spirits lifted.

I went to the Observer's niece's first birthday party this past weekend. She's so cute! Sitting in her high chair, she daintily licked off the icing of her first piece of chocolate cake. Realizing how good the cake was, she picked up the whole piece and shoved it in her little mouth. We laughed and laughed. She just kept eating. She probably thought we were crazy. Whenever I see her, I'm amazed at how she grows and explores everything. I, like her whole family, have a strong urge to protect her from anything unpleasant or uncomfortable. She's so small, and the world is so big.

I guess we all start out small and slowly grow more able to cope with life.

My stomach hurts, but I'm big enough to live with it.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I LOVE THE WAY YOUR BLOG FLOWS AND DOES NOT JUMP FROM SUBJECT 2 SUBJECT, I WISH I COULD WRITE LIKE THAT...I LOVE YOU.