Thursday, January 11, 2007

From java to ginger ale...


I'm not a big pop drinker. I prefer to get my caffeine fix from coffee.
Lately, I've been drinking more Canada Dry Ginger Ale. My stomach has been giving me some trouble, so I can only handle my morning coffee, plus whatever extra cup I feel up for. This is quite a change for me. I've never had to be "up" for coffee before. I always need it - like we all need water. It's strange. Don't get me wrong; I still love my BIG cup of joe, as soon as I get out of bed in the morning. I have a hunch that once my belly gets calmer, I'll need my usual flow of caffeine. For now though, ginger ale tastes good. It goes down easy, and is milder than other sodas or pops like Coke or Pepsi.
Change of routine is good, I think, especially when our bodies agree. They say ginger helps calm the stomach. There is no actual ginger in ginger ale, but, if it makes me feel better, that's all I care about.
Here's to embracing whatever works!
- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

how's ur tummy today my love??

love u
luigi