Monday, January 08, 2007

The "y" in my happyness...


This picture is a bit goofy. It reminded me of myself. It's a bit strange, but positive - the way I like to think I come across to others. Being that the picture is orange, of course I like it.
Today I ate too much. See, I tried really hard to eat less and it backfired. Any plans involving ignoring hungry usually do.
Those extra holiday pounds drive me crazy. Actually, I can't think of anyone who likes them. I keep telling myself that I will be OK, but it's hard. I want the extra weight gone now. My mind doesn't handle extra weight well; either do my jeans. I'll be OK, right?
I saw The Pursuit of Happyness with the Observer. He knew I would love it, and I did. I think I know why there is a "y" in the spelling of "happyness" My theory is that the letter "y" represents the idea that everyone who achieves happyness does so for a big reason that keeps driving them to succeed, even when the odds are stacked against them. In the case of Chris Gardener, the main character, he was driven to provide and be a stable parent for his son because he lacked an active father growing up himself. It was a very inspiring movie that left me choked up a number of times....if you haven't seen The Pursuit of Happyness, you should!
I was thinking about what the "y" in my happyness could be. I'm already quite happy, but once I finish school, get a job, and settle down, maybe that's when I'll experience true happyness. If I get to that stage of life, it will be due to the amazing support and encouragement I get from my family, friends and, of course, the Observer. My parents never sold me short, even though my life is a bit more challenging than average. I'm grateful for their faith in me. They helped me have faith in myself. I still do, even though my jeans are a bit tight, but I'll be OK.
- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

YOUR GONNA BE GREAT MY LOVE....LOVE U