Thursday, May 03, 2007

The moon said so...


There was a full moon last night. I saw it. The moon was funky and cool. My mom says that sometimes people act funny when the moon is full. Women go into labour, cats wander away, pictures randomly fall off the walls, doors swing open and life is different. That's what I tell myself anyway.
The Observer learned today that there is apartment available with the kind of help he needs. Moving out of his parents' house is a big step for him. He's never lived away from home. Like me, the Observer needs help with personal care, cooking, cleaning and general household duties. He will need to work with attendants who will assist him with these tasks. It's hard to adjust to so many different coming in and out of your home every day, but I know the Observer will be OK. His kind, friendly nature will serve him well. I remember moving into my first apartment. It was like the beginning of my life. I'm excited for him. I'm so happy to be a part of the Observer's life, to be there as he beings a new chapter, because, in many ways, our chapters are from the same book.
As I looked through the window at the moon last night, I had a hunch something big was about to happen. Maybe moons cause the world to be a little off kilter and also provide a glimpse of what is ahead.
- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

THATS CRAZY
LOVE YOU.