- We can't want happiness, peace and acceptance for ourselves and the others we love without wanting the same for the human race as a whole.
- To forgive is to acknowledge pain, but not blame.
- To move on, the full depth of loss must be felt.
- The only way to fully heal is to embrace grief.
- It's important to remember the people who were loved and their lives more than circumstances surrounding how they passed.
- People we love and lose would not want us to live the rest of our lives full of anger and hurt.
An Oprah episode said the following about parenting:
- Children don't model what we do to them; they model what they see us doing to ourselves.
- When we don't love ourselves, children don't learn to love themselves, because they learn by modeling their parent's view of themselves.