Monday, May 21, 2007

Wedding bells...


It's almost the end of a loooong weekend. Already........How did it go by so fast?????? I always wonder that. Maybe we all do.

The main event of the weekend was a friend's wedding on Saturday where the Observer was Best Man. It was a beautiful ceremony. I think the groom and myself were the only ones to get choked up for that part of the wedding. The reception was very fun, but it felt strange not to sit with the Observer. His parents were good company, so I was lucky. The food was very Italian, which made me happy. There's nothing like a good plate of antipasto and red wine......even the Observer's parents were impressed with the food, which says a lot.

When it came time for the speeches, I was surprised by the lack of tears, but knew the Observer would shed a few. Sure enough, he didn't let me down and cried out of happiness and gratitude, which was very sweet. The Observer's speech was him and he was perfect. It was nice to spend time together after all the formalities were over. I'm very happy for the bride and groom and am very hopeful that someday my own wedding will be as special.
- OCG

2 comments:

Lurker said...

Hey,

Good to hear you had a good weekend:). Yummy food is always good for the soul:).

Anyhoo, 'night!.

THE OBSERVER said...

YA DAMN RIGHT IT WILL BE

LOVE U