Tuesday, June 19, 2007

If you can't take the manufactured cold...


Now that it's summer, there are lots of fans and air conditioners turned on. On those dry, hot, sunny days, cool air in any form is good. However, being someone who is more often cold than hot, sometimes I find myself chilly while sitting near a fan or anywhere that has blasting air conditioning. First, I feel a growing chill from my head to toes and then comes the familiar tiny goosebumps on my arms.

Complaining aside, I must admit that it's far better to be cold from "summer air" than it is to experience winter freeze. At least a sweater or just a step outside in the sun is all it takes to warm up.

My mom is going through the change of life, so she often experiences hot flashes. She can look completely comfortable and within seconds her face can go beat red and beads of sweat trickle down her face. Three or four fans can be found in each room to help her deal with these flashes of hormonal heat. I have empathy. One day I will be red faced, sweating and freezing all in the same minute too.


For now, I find myself cold surrounded by a blowing fan or blasting air conditioning. I wear a sweater when most people are in tank tops and shorts.


Today I turned off the air conditioning when goose bumps began crawling up my arms. They crawled back down quickly.


Later in the day I needed coffee filters. When it comes to coffee and coffee related supplies, I don't fool around. It looked suspiciously like rain when I left to go to the dollar store. I got soaked to the bone on my way home, but it was fun in a crazy, look-on-bright-side kind of way. I was wearing jeans. Wet jeans crunch and stick to skin. Not comfortable........
I was freezing as I made my way dripping back into my apartment. I couldn't help but breath a sigh a relief that I turned off the air conditioning earlier.
I'm still a bit damp and cold, but it's cozy in my dry apartment. Some people might think it's a bit warm, but they say if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

THAT WAS A COOL POST LOL....

LOVE U