Sunday, June 10, 2007

In the company of good guys and chocolate...


It's a beautiful day - so sunny and warm, but not too hot. The weekend has been fun so far. I saw the Observer for our usual Friday night chill out/eat/be together/red wine ritual. As always, I enjoyed myself. A chocolate craving hit me so hard that I felt totally overwhelmed with a need for sweetness. It's hormonal, I think. If you're not a girl, you probably won't understand. I honoured my craving more than once with my favourite chocolate bar and than two chocolate cookies. Sometimes a girl just has to give in.

We went to see a friend of the Observer's yesterday. He's one of my favourite people to visit. You know the kind of people who just lift your mood instantly? That's how he is. We all went to brunch. I ordered a massive bowl of oatmeal and toast. It was satisfying and I enjoyed hanging out with two good guys. I just look at them together and laugh. Those are the kind of people who are healthy for the soul.

Today we are going out for Thai food with the Observer's newly-wed friends. I love the husband. He's great. As for the wife, you know those people who just make your blood boil? That's how she is. Oh well........It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, right?
- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

WE ALWAYS TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD MY LOVE