Thursday, July 19, 2007

Family, cake, tunes and rain...


It's 7 a.m. The world feels like it's just waking up. I'm waking up with it very slowly. The streets are damp, so it must have rained. The traffic looks light, but not for long I suppose. Give it another hour and it will be bumper-to-bumper. My eyes are half closed. Open up eyes. The day has started.

Last night was loud. I heard two different fights where the police were called. I was wishing I could get up and see the action from my window, but maybe it's best that I didn't. Whatever was going on didn't sound healthy. Most events that happen at that time usually aren't.

I just got back from a visit home. I love my parents. They are my favourite people in the world. I miss them, but I'm going home in another day.

It's cold in my apartment, probably because the air conditioning is on, and it always feels colder early in the morning. I'm not sure why.

My breakfast was a piece of cake. Very healthy, right? No, but so yummy. The cake hit the spot. I'm fulfilled. Chocolate always does the trick.

The rain is coming down harder now. The cars are slip-sliding on and I hear the rain smacking as it hits the window. I have my radio to keep me awake. I'm listening to a morning show host discuss how she listens to lyrics in songs, whereas as her husband pays attention to the beat. I think most guys focus on the beat, and most females pay attention to the words of songs. I'm a lyrics person myself. Someone made this observation a long time ago, and I agreed.

Right now, I can hear the tune Pretty Vegas by Inxs. Some lyrics of the song are, "Fallin’ asleep at the wheel again baby,You’re driftin’ over the line, line...yeah! Your hands are tight, but you’re losin’ grip quickly Fix me, can you read the signs........

It's not my favourite song, but it does have a good beat. Guys probably enjoy the tune.

Well, I'm off to brave the rain. Maybe it will cool things off, although I'm cold right now. Hopefully the people who were involved in the fights last night have cooled off too. Perhaps a sweet song and a catchy tune would have helped calm everyone down.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

WHAT AN EARLY POST! PROBLEM SLEEPING HUN? WE ALL WISH MUSIC WAS THE PROBLEM SOLVER FOR EVERYTHING.

LOVE U

SORRY ABOUT MY GRUMPY NATURE LAST NIGHT.