Saturday, July 07, 2007

Exhaustion and cake...


Today is NOT one of my best days. It's only 11 a.m. Bad sign. I haven't been sleeping well at all. I'm not sure why. Well, last night I was too angry at one of my lazy, rude attendants to catch any shut eye. I know I can't blame someone else for my inability to relax and sleep, but I'm upset that this person behaves so poorly. My reaction to her behaviour, which was to lie in bed fuming and thinking mean, negative thoughts, proved rather unproductive. She will probably not change and now I feel dizzy and weird.

I wanted to scream last night. This person was clearly tired and did not care about her work or me at all. I am sorry she is tired, but (sorry again!) that has NOTHING to do with me!!!!! I don't like when my stuff is thrown on the floor or I am left dirty, or my socks go missing because someone was too lazy to put them in the laundry basket..........little details DO matter. Life is too short to nit-pick, but bad attitudes suck.


On the way to the Observer's house yesterday, I told my bus driver that I was craving chocolate cake, which is true of most days. He told me a while later that he had a pit stop to make. We stopped at grocery store and he told me he would be right back. He returned a few minutes later carrying a white box. He handed it me and told me it was a chocolate truffle cake. I was so surprised and touched. It's not every day someone is so kind. The bus driver told me that it's a lot easier for him to get a cake than it is for me. That might be a little true, but he didn't have to buy the cake at all. It was yummy.

I might have had a bad night, but the cake made the day so much sweeter.......

- OCG

2 comments:

Lurker said...

Sorry you had a bad night Christie had plenty of those myself. But it's good to know that there are still kind people left in this world:).

THE OBSERVER said...

BABE WE ALL HAVE BAD DAYBUT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE GOOD PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD.

LOVE U