Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday, sunday...

It's just after 7 a.m. - pretty early for me to be awake on a Sunday. It's actually peaceful. My radio is playing Weak In The Knees by Serena Ryder. It's a good song, but really over-played. Serena Ryder has a new tune that I like better, but the radio stations haven't made it a hit song yet, though I'm sure it won't take long. Eventually the new tune will be over-played too, but I'll probably have moved on to another less popular song. So goes the cycle of music I, I suppose.

The Observer and I saw the movie Hairspray on Friday. It's very entertaining and nostalgic in a way. Life seemed so simple and also a bit complex, segregation being a central theme since the plot took place in the 1960s. Maybe it was John Travolta in a fat suit playing a woman that made the film so comforting and funny. Maybe part of the movie's appeal was also the idea of close families where the mother was nurturing and the head of the household, something we don't often get exposure to in movies or books now. Being a musical, Hairspray was one of the flicks that drew me in quickly. It was like eating a potato chip. Once I started watching it, I didn't want to stop. I know the movie wasn't the Observer's favourite, but I did seem him smiling and tapping his fingers a few times, so it couldn't have been that bad.

I'm going to a 50th anniversary reception for the Observer's family today, hence the reason for my early morning. It should be a fun day. I do have a very sore throat and sound a bit husky, so people who don't know me might think I'm a bit strange.

I didn't see the Observer yesterday. I miss him. He's adjusting very well to his new apartment. I'm proud of him. Moving out and dealing with attendants is not easy, but I'm impressed with his resolve and determination to make it work. Given today's event, I was thinking about what it would be like to be married for 50 years and I suppose it also takes resolve and determination. I hope to someday celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary too. We should all be so blessed.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

thank-u 4 coming hairspray was fun.

love u