Saturday, September 15, 2007

Questions...

Babies are amazing. Their innocence. Sweetness. Unconditional love. Smell. Trust. Yawn. The way the hook their fingers around yours. Their smile. Their noises. Their laugh.

As much as I love babies, I'm not sure if I'll ever be a mother. If I wasn't disabled, then I'd have a baby for certain. No question. Hands down. I'd jump right in when the time was right. However, because both the Observer and myself have physical challenges, we aren't sure if it's in the cards for us to be parents.

How can we look after such a little person when we need help ourselves????????? Is it fair to be brought into the world and have many different people helping you with things your parents normally do???????????? Would I be as close to my child as able-bodied parents???????? Would my child be deprived because of the physical things I can't do for them?????????? Would I be selfish to have a child???????????

So many questions. I'm learning that it's best to just wait and see. In the end, life sometimes makes decisions for us. Whatever happens, I have love in my life, and for that, I am blessed.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

JOURNEYS NEVER HAVE ANSEWERS ONLY QUESTIONS.

LOVE U