Thursday, January 31, 2008

Coffee and sunshine...

Hello. Today is Thursday! The week has gone by pretty quickly. Monday seemed to be the fastest day . Things seem to be settling down now, which is a blessing. Mom has turned a corner in a good way. Every day is a reason to be grateful.

Tomorrow is February 1st. I can't believe that! It's been pretty busy lately with going back and forth from my apartment to my family. I never realized just how far away I live from them until I had to travel as often as I do now. It's my family, so I would do anything for them.


Yesterday I had a really good evening. I went shopping with the Observer and we just hung out at the music store for awhile. It was relaxing. I miss the Observer these days. Our visits are shorter but still special. It's funny how, when something is going on with your family, everything else takes a back seat. I suppose that's how it should be, but it's just different.

I tried an orange Belgium chocolate latte from second cup yesterday afternoon. It was absolutely, positively delicious! I don't usually buy fancy coffees. I'm a simple kind of girl, but I had a 2-for-1 coupon yesterday so the Observer had hot chocolate and I had my latte. That was the highlight of my day, besides seeing the Observer of course!

Since my computer went to heaven, I've been doing some extra reading, which I am enjoying. I just finished this book that was a bit of a psycho thriller. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it, but it left me feeling a bit on the edge. Every time the phone rang, I would jump a mile if I was reading. I tried not to read it just before bed though that is usually when the urge to read strikes me.

It's very sunny out today - beautiful in fact. I didn't need any lights on in my apartment this morning. I love days like that. We are supposed to get a huge snowstorm that is predicted to begin at 4 a.m. tonight. Hopefully it's just a prediction but I guess it is February after all. I'm excited for the weekend as I get to see my parents and some good friends. I miss my mom. I was grumpy when I talked to her this morning because my stomach was a bit sore but she sounded good which is a relief. I hope the sunshine made her happy today. I am happy when she is happy.

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, I hope there is sunshine and that you are happy.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

i am always happy when ur around...