Thursday, June 19, 2008

An afternoon of nostalga...

I don't know what to say. I need to remember to turn on the air conditioning before bed and drink a glass of water.

The Observer and I saw the movie Sex And The City today. It was entertaining and full of female matters just like the show. I don't know if the Observer liked it as much as I did - though I did see him getting choked during a few parts. He is touched by sweetness. Maybe that's how I caught his eye. I appreciated him coming since it wouldn't been his first film pick. I left the movie with a light, happily-ever-after-feeling, which is refreshing once in a while.

Actually, today Barney was at the mall where I saw the movie. Barney had his big TV break when I was about ten. Though I wasn't a big fan, his hit song with the words I Love You, You Love Me, We're A Happy Family is hard to forget. Seeing all the cute, excited, kids made me think of being that young. I can't recall much, but I know I was a very happy little girl who believed in big, purple singing dinosaurs like Barney and that ladies grow up to marry men of their dreams - the very notion that the movie grappled with today. I may be an adult, but it's good to be exposed to happily-ever-after and make-believe now and then. It's relaxing and refreshing and makes it more likely that I remember to do things like turn on the air conditioning and drink a glass of water before bed. I'm off to do those things now.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BUT HE'S STILL ANNOYING LOL.