Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's all too good...


After a good day, week, or month, I have a habit of worrying that a storm cloud of bad luck is looming overhead. I think this is similar to having a sense of impending doom. If I catch my buses right on time, the weather has been good, people have been extra friendly, I've been feeling healthy, my personal relationships are thriving, or I've been sleeping well, I have to wonder when it's all going to blow up in my face. If every puzzle piece fits perfectly, someone will be probably knock it apart soon, because nothing stays perfectly intact forever. Don't I sound like a pessimist?



I know this isn't really a healthy outlook. I know it's better to embrace good things for what they are and be grateful. I am grateful for a streak of good luck or when life just seems to rolling uphill, but there's a small part of me that wants to know how long it will last........



No one knows what the future holds or how long we have. Maybe not knowing makes sense. Why would we want all the pages of the story of our lives before we've been through the whole book?


I often think of what would be going through my head during the last moments of my life. I would want my family, friends and the Observer to know that I love them. Maybe I would regret obsessing over money and my weight and wish I had enjoyed my time while I had it. Maybe we can't stop storm clouds from forming, but we can appreciate warmth and brightness when it's here.

- OCG

2 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

GOOD WAY OF THINKING

LOTS OF LOVE

XOXO

THE OBSERVER said...

I LOVE U OCG