Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oh, what a beautiful morning...


I woke up bright eyed this morning. I know the expression is "bright eyed and bushy tailed" but I don't have a bushy tail. My sleep was excellent, which always puts me in good spirits. The person who helped me get ready for my day is one of my favourite people to work with, so that was another score. After finishing two delicious cups of coffee, I turned on my stereo and cranked up the volume when a groovy tune came over the air-ways. I was having an early morning "party for one." It was fun. If guests had been invited, the whole "me" vibe would have disappeared. I'm sounding self-indulgent, but I do live alone. I'm accustomed to "parties-for-one."

The rest of my day was mediocre. I spent a lot of time outside and added a pinkish tone to my whiter-than-snow complexion.

I was talking to a good friend when call waiting beeped through. It was some dude who asked who I was. "Why?" I asked him.

He told me that my number had called his line six or seven times and again asked who I was.

"I'm not giving you that information because I didn't call you. Have a good evening," I answered and hung up.

Why do people call and ask if you just called their line? If you really needed to talk to that person, wouldn't you leave a message saying why you're calling, or wouldn't your identity be clear to the caller? If I don't even know someone, why would I care that he or she called me?

Some people have too much time on their hands. I bet the rude phone dude didn't wake up bright eyed this morning.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

@ TIMES PEOPLE ARE ANNOYING

LOVE U

P.S. WISH I WAS THERE FOR THE PARTIES.