Monday, July 28, 2008

A doubley good morning...


My brother came to visit today. He showed up right after I had a shower and got dressed. It was such a pleasant way to start my day. My brother is a police officer and lives as far away from my parents as I do but on the other side of town - quite challenging for me to get to on my own. I got up late this morning and he called to say he would bring me coffee. My attendant who was helping me with my morning routine was new and slower than usual. She was sweet and meticulous, but I was worried that I wouldn't be ready when my brother came knocking. I know I looked stressed she got me ready. I kept thinking, please hurry up, you need to move now! but I didn't want to say that, so I worried silently. Hopefully she couldn't read my anxiety on my face. When people rush, sometimes we make mistakes which only delays us from accomplishing goals, so maybe it was for the best that I concealed my concern.

My brother is one of the kindest, most down-to-earth dudes in my life. Talking to him for a minute can remind me of what is important in the big scheme of things. He's one of my favourite people.

I always start my day with a big cup of coffee. I don't always start my day visiting with my brother and having coffee, so that made my morning extra special.

- OCG